Hi everyone! Samantha here and I want to share the little treat box & matching card I made for my husband for this past Valentine's Day. I think this would be a perfect little anytime treat box to share with a friend, family member, neighbor, etc.
It is a hot cocoa treat box, built to hold two hot cocoa packets!! I only has Nestle & Swiss Miss in the house, but both of them will fit this treat box. I am guessing other packets would fit in here also :)
To make this treat box:
- Cut pieces of cardstock the following sizes: one piece at 3.5X12inches and two pieces at 5.5X3.5
- (Scoring guides are at the very end of this post if you need a visual of the scoring). Score along the 12 inch piece at the following: 5inch, 6inch, 11inch. Fold along score lines. This piece will be the outside of the treat box. The outside of the treat box can be decorated as desired.
- For both of the smaller pieces: Score along 3 sides (two sets of score marks on the 5.5inch side) at 5/8inch and 1inch. Trim off the corners where all the score marks cross and fold into 3sided "pockets". The front of these can be decorated with patterned paper like shown (patterned paper was cut to 3.25X2.25inches).
- Attach pockets to box. Punch holes for twine. Fill with hot cocoa packets and tie the box closed with the Orange Divine Twine.
Here is a closer look at my coloring. I used this adorable image from CC Designs called Kiki La Rue Latte.
I used the following Copic colors:
- For the lightest part of the cup: E40, E41, E42
- For the darker band on the cup: E44, E47, E49
- For the heart: R29
- For her hair: E30, E33, E39
- For the clothes: YR000, YR00, YR01, YR12
- For her skin: E000, E00, E01
Here are the scoring guides in case you are a visual learner :)
|Dotted lines are score lines and arrows indicate which direction you start scoring from. Solid lines are cuts. The grey parts are cut away.|