Hi everyone!! Samantha here with another Tuesday Tips and Tricks segment.
Today's Copic Tip:
Don't underestimate the power of good Copic paper!! There are lots of Copic quality papers out there, find one that you like and that works for you, and stick with it. Use the same kind of paper all the time when you are Copic coloring because then you will get consistent results (and start to color better and better). If you just use any old paper, or swap out your papers often, then you will have trouble becoming a Copic MASTER! So same paper, all the time.
99% of the time, I use the same paper, Xpress IT, which is available right here in the iCopic Store. I get beautiful results with this paper and I am hooked! But it really is a personal choice which paper you use. The bottom line is, find a paper you like, and use it consistently, and you WILL improve. You really have to know your paper (is it soft, easily feathers, can take up lots of ink, etc).
Here's my full project for today:
- This adorable snowman is from the SP and Company Falling Snow stamp set.
- The sentiment is also from the Falling Snow stamp set.
- I used the following Copics from iCopic.com:
- For the snow: BG0000, BG02, and BG011
- For the scarf, hat, and candy cane: R27, R46, and R59
- For his nose: YR09
- I added some extra sparkly snow with the AtYou Spica Glitter Pen #08 Turquoise.
- I added some extra sparkles to the candy cane with the AtYou Spica Glitter Pen #21 Lipstick.
- His buttons were colored in with the AtYou Spica Glitter Pen #23 Pitch Black.
- To finish off the card, I added a little bow using some Cherry Divine Twine.
Here is a closer look at my coloring: