Hey everyone!! Samantha here! I have been having so much fun playing with my new Whiff of Joy stamps and I have a new project for you today!
Here's the finished card:
- I have been trying lately to step outside of my "comfort zone" a bit and make some different sized cards. This one is a long card.
- The bear image is from Whiff of Joy, called Ice-Beary Greetings.
- I colored him in with the following Copics from iCopic.com:
- For the fur: E23, E25, E27, E29
- For the scarf and gloves: BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09
- For the snow (and a little shadow around the bear): BG10, BG11
- For his ears: R11
- The sentiment is stamped in Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Ranger.
- I inked up the edges of the sentiment die cut using the Tim Holtz Ink Applicator Tool so it would match my card better.
- The patterned paper is from the Let it Snow Paper Pad from Dovecraft. This paper has gorgeous glitter on it (the good kind of glitter paper, where the glitter is sealed in and doesn't get all over everything!!). This pad it actually mat sized, 4.5 X6.5inches. I actually pulled my color combo from this paper.
SAMI's COLORING TIP: Small Strokes
When creating fur, sometimes you WANT to leave the ink strokes un-blended. Add a bunch of smaller brush tip strokes. Let them stay all uneven and rough looking. I wanted my little bear to look furry and full of texture, so creating a bunch of little strokes with my Copics let me pull it off.
A close-up of the awesome sentiment and matching SVG cut file:
A close-up of the bear and my coloring: