Are you ready for today's project and tutorial?? Here goes nothin'!
Below you will find a step by step photo tutorial on how to make this super cute shimmery background:
1. Cut Kraft cardstock to fit your card base. My card base happens to be a standard card base 5.5X4.25inches. I cut my Kraft cardstock 1.8inch smaller than the card base.
2. Emboss Kraft cardstock with an embossing folder.
3. Ink around the edges of the Kraft Paper with Brushed Corduroy Distressed Ink using the Tim Holtz Ink Applicator Tool .
4. Spray Kraft paper liberally with Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz. Let it dry completely before moving on to the next steps.
6. I wanted to add ribbon around my card, but I created a card that opened on the side. So what I did was I cut a slit in the fold of the card so that I could get the ribbon to go around the card.
7. Slide ribbon through the slit on the side of the card and tie it into a bow.
Alex in the Snow with Puppies.
I used the following Copics from iCopic.com to create this card:
- For the dog collars: Y19, G21, G24, and G28
- For the dog tongue: R12
- For the skin: E00, E21, E02
- For the sweater: BG45, BG49
- For the hair: E11
- For the dogs, light part of scarf, and boots: E21, E23, E25, and E27
- For the scarf and pants: E42, E43, E44, E47, and E49
- For the snow: BG0000, BG000
The gorgeous sentiment is from the SP and Company Ultimate Sentiments II Stamp Set.